Active Time 10 Mins
Total Time1 Hour 15 Mins
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Ingredients : Sweet Chile Roasted Salmon
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) side skin-on salmon, pin-bones removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Asian chile-garlic sauce or sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus 1 Tbsp. lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- Sliced scallions, lime wedges, and red chiles, for garnish
How to Make It : Sweet Chile Roasted Salmon
Step 1 : Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place salmon on prepared baking sheet.
Step 2 : Whisk together cilantro, honey, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, zest, rice vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, and lemongrass in a small bowl.
Step 3 : Spoon three-fourths of the sauce over salmon. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes and up to an hour. Add water to baking sheet (not on salmon).
Step 4 : Bake salmon in preheated oven until a knife or fork is easily inserted into the thickest portion, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately with remaining sauce, and top with garnishes.