That’s Why It’s The Most Tasty Recipe /Classic Italian Lasagna
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, add the olive oil and, once the
oil is hot enough, add the garlic, onion, celery, and carrots. Stir
to mix and cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the ground beef.
Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the beef is browned.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the sugar, and stir to
4. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 2 ½ hours. Remove
the lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Season with a dash
of salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over medium heat, add the
milk and heat up until warm.
6. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the butter and, once
the butter is melted, add the all-purpose flour, whisking until
smooth. Add one cup of the warmed milk to this mixture and
whisk to mix. Add in the remaining milk and continue to whisk
7. Increase the heat to medium and allow to cook for 5 to 10
minutes or until thick.
8. Remove from heat and add the cheese, nutmeg, salt, and black
pepper. Stir well until the cheese is fully melted. Remove from
the heat and set aside.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
10. In a large baking dish, spread some of the ragu in the bottom.
Cover with a few lasagna sheets and spread ½ cup of the ragu
sauce on top. Add one cup of the cheese sauce, followed by
more lasagna sheets. Repeat the layers twice more.
11. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
12. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Garnish with the parsley.
Click Next Button To See More